Contacts+ for iOS
Welcome to Contacts+!
Contacts+ is a powerful contact management tool that helps you stay fully connected with your contacts. As a centralized database, Contacts+ syncs together all of your address books, merges duplicates, and adds more complete and enriched contact information from the web. Contacts+ lets you keep all your contacts synchronized and up-to-date on your phone, desktop, and even in your Gmail. Download our apps and you’ll be able to access your contacts everywhere you need them.
This guide serves as a resource for getting started with our Web App. We outline the first things to do as a new user, best practice actions to take, and how to become a power user. Welcome aboard!
- Knowledge Base: Our Knowledge Base is a good place to find all Contacts+ help articles and how-to guides.
- Contact Us: If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact our Contacts+ Support team. We are here to help. Contact us here.
- Blog: Interested in the latest things on customer intelligence, contact management, and Contacts+ news? Subscribe to our blog to stay in the loop.
To set yourself up for success, we'll walk you through the first crucial steps in setting up your Contacts+ account.
1. Download Contacts+ for iOS from our website or the App Store
- Create your Contacts+ account. Feel free to use the Sign Up with Google option if you have a Gmail account (by doing so, you'll use your Gmail credentials to create your Contacts+ account).
2. Complete the onboarding flow
- Connect your Google Contacts, iCloud, or Exchange/Office 365 address book to your Contacts+ account.
- Connect a social profile (i.e. Twitter).
3. Let Contacts+ sync all of your contacts
- Be patient as this can take approximately 15 minutes, so don't worry if you don't see your contacts in the app immediately.
4. Settings page
- Click the Settings [gear] icon to manage the following sections: Manage Subscription, Sync sources, Contact items, Default Actions, Name format and change the way your contacts are sorted.
- Manage Subscription: Upgrade to Premium to reap the benefits of a Premium subscription.
- Sync sources: ensure all address book sources you want syncing with Contacts+ have been added, you've selected your preferred sync settings.
- You can add additional address books via the + Add sync source button.
- Contact items: adjust default labels and reorder the fields for your contacts via the lined dots on the right-hand side. Click on lined dots, then drag the field up or down to reorder.
- Name format: change how names are displayed.
- Notifications: choose if you want to receive notifications on your device about a transcribed business card, contact updates, duplicates or upcoming birthdays.
- Sync: initiate a sync.
- Default actions: adjust what you're using when making calls, using maps, sending emails, etc.
Now that you've finished the first five steps as a new user, next we'll walk you through best practice guidelines for getting the most out of Contacts+ for iOS.
1. Learn how to call, text, and email your contacts via swiping
- Swipe from left to right on a contact:
- A short swipe will show you the green phone call icon to immediately initiate a call.
- A long swipe will show you three dots to call, call or video via Facetime, call via Skype, send a message, or email.
- To email / message / tag / merge / delete multiple contacts:
- Tap the Edit button (upper-right corner) to select multiple contacts. Contact actions will be then displayed at the bottom of the screen.
2. Apply Updates & Review Duplicates under the Assistant section.
- Apply updates or duplicates where you see fit. If you ignore an update, it will not be added to your contact. You can also apply all suggested updates by pressing "Update All" in the upper right corner.
3. Search bar
- Use the search bar at the top of your contact list to search for contacts, email addresses, tags, and more.
4. Add a contact, capture a business card, and add a new sync source
- You can add a new business card, new contact or sync source via the [+] icon in the upper right-hand corner.
5. Tags and sources
- Press on the Tag icon in the upper right-hand corner to see your existing tags. Click on a tag to view all contacts in it. Under the pencil icon, you can add new tags, edit the existing ones or remove tags.
- View your connected sync sources (at the bottom) -> click on a source to view all contacts in it.
Become a power user:
Are you a power user yet? Almost! In the final portion of this Getting Started guide, we'll show you a few of our favourite tips and tricks.
1. View company information, social network links and share a contact
- Select the contact entry in order to view company information, select on one of the links to instantly open a person's social profile or connect with them on an instant messenger, and share a contact by pressing on the three dots in the upper right corner.
2. Integrate with Zapier
- Use our Zapier integration to send business cards to a variety of CRMs, email marketing platforms, and more. You can find helpful instructions here.
3. Referral program
- Interested in taking advantage of our referral program? Go to Settings - Free Month and share Contacts+ with your friends!
Thanks for joining Contacts+! By the end of this guide, you should be able to leverage your Contacts+ address book to improve your contact management challenges.