Contacts+ for Android
Welcome to Contacts+!
Contacts+ is a powerful contact management tool that helps you stay fully connected with your contacts. As a centralized database, Contacts+ syncs together all of your address books, merges duplicates, and adds more complete and enriched contact information from the web. Contacts+ lets you keep all your contacts synchronized and up-to-date on your phone, desktop, and even in your Gmail. Download our apps and you’ll be able to access your contacts everywhere you need them.
This guide serves as a resource for getting started with our Web App. We outline the first things to do as a new user, best practice actions to take, and how to become a power user. Welcome aboard!
- Knowledge Base: Our Knowledge Base is a good place to find all Contacts+ help articles and how-to guides.
- Contact Us: If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact our Contacts+ Support team. We are here to help. Contact us here.
- Blog: Interested in the latest things on customer intelligence, contact management, and Contacts+ news? Subscribe to our blog to stay in the loop.
To set yourself up for success, we'll walk you through the first crucial steps in setting up your Contacts+ account.
1. Download Contacts+ for Android from our website or the Google Play Store
- Create your Contacts+ account. Feel free to use the Sign Up with Google option if you have a Gmail account (by doing so, you'll use your Gmail credentials to create your Contacts+ account).
2. Complete the onboarding flow
- Connect your Google Contacts, iCloud, or Exchange/Office 365 address book to your Contacts+ account.
- Connect a social profile (i.e. Twitter).
3. Let Contacts+ sync all of your contacts
- In less than a minute, you should notice that all of your contacts have been synced to the Contacts+ for Android app.
4. Settings page
- Click the Settings [gear] icon to manage the following sections: Manage Subscription, Sync sources, Contact items, Name format and change the way your contacts are sorted.
- Manage Subscription: Upgrade to Premium to reap the benefits of a Premium subscription.
- Sync sources: ensure all address book sources you want syncing with Contacts+ have been added, you've selected your preferred sync settings, and you've either enabled or disabled your Device contacts.
- You can add additional address books via the [plus] icon in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Contact items: adjust default labels and reorder the fields for your contacts via the lined dots on the right-hand side. Click on lined dots, then drag the field up or down to reorder.
- Name format: change how names are displayed.
- Notifications: choose if you want to receive notifications on your device about a transcribed business card, contact updates, duplicates or upcoming birthdays.
- Sync: initiate a sync.
Now that you've finished the first five steps as a new user, next we'll walk you through best practice guidelines for getting the most out of Contacts+ for Android.
1. View Contact / Quick Actions
- Click on the vertical [...] icon next to a contact to access quick actions: call, text, email, etc. Keep in mind that clicking the three dots will call the number listed at the top of the contact.
- Otherwise, click on a contact to view all details, add the contact as a favorite (via the … button), edit the contact (via the pencil icon), etc.
- Apply updates where you see fit. If you ignore an update, it will not be offered to you again.
- Apply duplicates where you see fit. You can merge all duplicates at once or merge your contacts one at a time. When merging your contacts, all information is included in the final version of the contact. You can edit your merged contacts later.
3. Search bar
- Use the magnifying glass icon at the top of your contact list to search for contacts, email addresses, tags, and more.
4. Add a contact, capture a business card, and add a new sync source
- Via the blue [+] icon in the upper right-hand corner, get immediate actions.
- Add, edit, or remove tags -> click on a tag icon to view all contacts in it.
Become a power user:
Are you a power user yet? Almost! In the final portion of this Getting Started guide, we'll show you a few of our favorite tips and tricks.
1. Share / delete a contact
- To share or delete a contact, open it, tap … -> choose which option you want.
2. Select multiple contacts to email / send a message / tag / merge or bulk delete
To select multiple contacts, tap and hold on one of the contacts you want to select. Then, tap on others.
2. Integrate with Zapier
- Use our Zapier integration to send business cards to a variety of CRMs, email marketing platforms, and more. You can find helpful instructions here.
Thanks for joining Contacts+! By the end of this guide, you should be able to leverage your Contacts+ address book to improve your contact management challenges.