Business card transcription is done by AI technology, and our API does the work of getting the business card to your Contacts+ account.
How do I submit a business card for transcription?
- Click on the [+] icon and select the Business card option.
- Click on the Select an image option, locate the image, and add.
- Business card images must be in .png or .jpg format.
- If the business card you are adding has a backside, make sure to add it by clicking the option below your selected first image.
- Once done, click on the Import option. A banner will display on the bottom left indicating that the Business Card upload is in progress and to keep the tab open until the upload is complete.
Once the card is uploaded, you’ll see a success message.
If there are any errors, you will see an error message.
Review the card’s information, and if correct, select Accept or select Edit to edit the fields manually.
If the transcription was accepted, you’ll see a success message.
If you want to check the business cards separately, select the tags icon (on the top right corner of the app) and choose the Business Card option in the smart tags section.
You can also check the cards from your WebApp here: Contacts+
- Click on the Tags icon (the one next to the search bar on the top right corner of your Web app).
- Select the option Business Cards in the Smart Tags section of the tags drawer.
In Contacts+ for iOS:
- Select the + icon on the top right corner of the Contacts+ search bar in your Contacts Section.
- Then select Capture Business Card. This will let you take a photo of a business card to send off for transcription.
In Contacts+ for Android:
- Click the + icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Capture Business Card.
- You can take a photo of your card or upload one from your Google Photos library.
How long does it take for one business card to be transcribed?
The transcription is normally complete in just a few seconds.
Why are there sometimes errors in my business card transcriptions?
Make sure that the picture you took was focused and properly centered. If it's out of focus or dark, take another picture of the card. Also, please ensure that the business card is designed to make all relevant information legible and understandable; handwritten notes and text will most likely not be correctly transcribed.
Additionally, business cards can sometimes contain contact data that is ambiguous. For example, if the phone numbers aren’t labeled with fax, mobile, or work phone, they might not transcribe correctly. Also, if the card includes two or more job titles, addresses, or even two different organizations, the system will only transcribe one. In such cases, the system will try to interpret the card accurately, resulting in data that does not match your interpretation.
Business Card Bulk Scanning
No longer supported in iOS and Android:
We removed the bulk option with the update to the Business Card feature. Previously scanning one card could take up to an hour to transcribe. It made sense to provide bulk scanning. Now transcribing business cards is streamlined, allowing you to get results immediately.
Can I send my cards to my CRM?
You can send transcribed business cards, as contacts, to various CRMs, email marketing platforms, and other apps that Zapier supports. If you're unfamiliar with Zapier's platform, you can read more about the integrations they offer here.
To get started, skim through this link, which offers helpful instructions for getting started. You'll learn how to create a Zapier account, turn your 'zap' on, and then add your Zapier account to Contacts+ (links with the entire account).
Note: Business Card scanning does not work in Contacts+ for Gmail.