How does Contacts+ use the personal data collected?
In short, we collect personal information and anonymous data that:
- You provide to us (email address for account creation, payment information, etc)
- Are in the contacts that you upload to Contacts+ (so we can provide the service for you),
- Are in the relationships that you have, which come from the contacts you have in your address book along with interactions you have when using our apps (view/edit a contact, initiate a call to a contact, etc).
- Provides location information and service (such as for using map services)
- Provides usage and device information (such as logs, etc.)
- We get from third parties (such as Google Analytics, Google Single Sign-On, etc)
That information is then used to:
- Provide, maintain, and support the product,
- To improve, personalize, and develop the service,
- To combine contact and relationship data across users so that we can provide enhanced features and services (such as duplicate detection, contact enrichment, etc.),
- Create anonymous data.
Do you read my email for content?
We currently have a few products that integrate closely with your email.
- Chrome Extension for Gmail and Inbox
- Email Signature Extraction
- Email Contact Cards
Email Signature Extraction: We make available of a feature for certain email services or email software where our systems will collect End User Contact Data from your email. This is a feature that you must choose to activate via the Contacts+ App or your account, and you may choose to deactivate this feature at any time. When this feature is activated, your email is copied to our servers and automatically scanned for contact information. The copy of the email is automatically deleted promptly after the scan. We use IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) for accessing email from your email provider (e.g., Gmail). IMAP is an Internet standard protocol used by email clients to retrieve email messages from a mail server over a TCP/IP connection.
Email Contact Cards: We provide an optional feature in some of our products that will display recent conversations that you’ve had with your contacts. One such card displays recent email conversations. We do not read or store any of the Body of the email on our servers. Depending upon your election, Contacts+ may send and store email Header information including TO, FROM, and CC email addresses along with the date/time the email is sent or received.
Does GDPR require that EU personal data be stored in the EU?
No, it does not. Neither current EU law nor the GDPR requires that EU personal data be stored in the EU. Instead, companies are required to provide “appropriate safeguards” for data that they host and process outside the EU. We assure you that the data stored by Contacts+ complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield framework.
Where does Contacts+ store data?
Our data is stored on Amazon Web Services (AWS) servers that are located in the United States.
How can I control the use of my contact data?
As an Apps user in the EU, you can alter how Contacts+ uses your data by adjusting your consent in the Privacy Settings which can be found in the Settings screen in all apps or by visiting our privacy page >> Own Your Data
As a user can I have Contacts+ remove my data?
As a user of Contacts+, you can delete your account. This will delete your contacts and your account metadata from our servers. To delete your account, you can go to your account page.
Where can I manage the privacy settings of my account?
You can access and manage your privacy settings here: Privacy Settings
Where can I see what I’ve consented to?
To see what you've consented to, go to the Privacy Settings page.
Where can I change my consent elections?
To change your consent elections, go to the Privacy Settings page and click “More”.
Where can I delete my account?
You can delete your account here. Simply go ahead and click "Close Account" and then choose "Delete Account" to confirm the deletion. If you select "Close Account", we will deactivate your account, however, you will still be able to restore it by signing into it.
Do I need to obtain consent from all my contacts to use Contacts+?
No, you do not need to obtain consent as you are using the address book for personal purposes, however, your contacts will be provided notice per GDPR article 14.
Does Contacts+ share my information with third parties?