Once you have connected a Gmail inbox, we will scan your inbox for any email signatures that you acquired in the past 180 days; every e-mail you will receive (from here forward) will automatically sync any new signatures into your Contacts+ account. Multiple signatures from the same person are merged into one main contact and any conflicting or new data will be appended. We will not replace old data. That means that we will not delete any old information from the contact if the contact has a new job in the new signature.
When a contact record is captured from a signature, it is merged with an existing contact in your 'My Contacts', using our deduplication algorithm; this way, you will have a full/complete record of the contact. It may take a while to capture the contact via email signature. You can view your contacts that has been captured via email signature by clicking on tag icon next to the search bar >> Email Signatures.
Contacts+ will not add signatures from auto-replies. We've filtered out received automatic replies because people often put alternate contact data in those that sometimes look like part of the signature.
How do I add the email signature feature to my connected Google Contacts account?
1. Switch on the toggle button in the same row as your Google Contacts account on your Settings page in the Web app.
2. You'll be redirect to a page that requests a Google Permissions page that you have to accept or use to capture you Gmail signatures.
3. After that please wait for us to scan your Inbox and import any signatures that you might have.
After you have connected a single inbox you can connect another one.
What are the different settings for the email signature feature?
All inboxes default to enrich existing contacts mode, but the setting can be changed to create new contacts mode. This can be edited on your Settings page in the Web app. To adjust the setting, hover your cursor over the connected email signature.
Why can't I connect the email signature feature?
There are several cases when the email signature feature cannot be enabled:
- Our email signature feature works for Google accounts only. iCloud or Exchange-based accounts will not work at this time.
- Currently, there is no way to use our email signature feature if you have Google Advanced Protection enabled.