When you create a Zapier integration with your CRM or other 3rd party tool, you may select the "New Contact in Contacts+" trigger so new contacts created on your Contacts+ account would be pushed to your 3rd party tool.
You may then notice that some of your newly created contacts trigger the zap twice, causing duplicated contacts to appear in your 3rd party tool.
This may happen when you scan a business card via Contacts+.
When scanning a business card Contacts+ will save the new contact in a special addressbook called "Business Cards" and will then copy it to your main addressbook as well.
This causes two contact create events which trigger two zap triggers.
The solution for this is to split your zap into two zaps, one specifically for contacts created from business cards, and the other for contacts created by any other mean.
Here are steps to resolve the issue:
- Create a new zap with trigger "New Business Card Transcribed in Contacts+" > Your action
- Update the existing zap with trigger "New Contact in Contacts+" so it will ignore business cards:
- Add a middle step before the action step
- Under "Built in tools" select "Filter"
- In the conditions select "Business card front" > "Does not exist"
- Continue & Publish
This should resolve the issue and have one trigger call for each contact created.