Welcome to Contacts+!
Contacts+ is a powerful contact management tool that helps you stay fully connected with your contacts. As a centralized database, Contacts+ syncs together all of your address books, merges duplicates, and adds more complete and enriched contact information from the web. Contacts+ lets you keep all your contacts synchronized and up-to-date on your phone, desktop, and even in your Gmail. Download our apps and you’ll be able to access your contacts everywhere you need them.
In this guide, we outline the first things to do as a new user, best practice actions to take, and how to become a power user. Welcome aboard!
- Knowledge Base: Our Knowledge Base is a good place to find all Contacts+ help articles and how-to guides.
- Contact Us: If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact our Contacts+ Support team. We are here to help. Contact us here.
- Blog: Interested in the latest things on customer intelligence, contact management, and Contacts+ news? Subscribe to our blog to stay in the loop.
To set yourself up for success, we'll walk you through the first crucial steps in setting up your Contacts+ account.
1. Download Contacts+ for iOS from our website or the App Store
- Create your Contacts+ account. Feel free to use the Sign Up with Google option if you have a Gmail account (by doing so, you'll use your Gmail credentials to create your Contacts+ account).
2. Complete the onboarding flow
- Connect your Google Contacts, iCloud, or Exchange/Office 365 address book to your Contacts+ account.
- Connect a social profile (i.e. Twitter).
3. Let Contacts+ sync all of your contacts
- Be patient as this can take approximately 15 minutes, so don't worry if you don't see your contacts in the app immediately.
4. Settings page
- Tap on the profile pic icon to navigate to the Settings page. You can manage the following sections: Profile Edit, Manage Subscription, Call blocking & Identification, Sync sources, Contact actions, default actions
- Profile Edit: Make changes to profile photo, first and last name.
- Manage Subscription: Upgrade to Premium to reap the benefits of a Premium subscription.
- Call blocking & Identification: Switch on the toggle so that you will not receive calls from numbers reported as spam. Tap on "Add New" to add a number to the block list and tapping on the blocked number allows you to unblock it from the list.
- Sync sources: Ensure all address book sources you want syncing with Contacts+ have been added (Google, iCloud, Office 365/Exchange, Twitter). You can add additional address books via the + Add sync source button.
- Sort by: Sorts out the contacts based on name, created date of contact and organization
- Name Format: Change how names are displayed.
- Contact Items: Tap on "Reorder". Adjust default labels and reorder the fields for your contacts via the lined dots on the right-hand side. Click on lined dots, then drag the field up or down to reorder.
- Adjust what you’re using when making calls, sending an email, browsing URLs, and using maps.
- Save original photos: Turn on the toggle button to save the business cards submitted for transcription in your phone's camera roll.
- Push Notifications: Switching on the toggle will let you receive the notifications for updates, duplicates, contact birthdays and Finished BC transcriptions
- Sync Now: Long press initiates sync for the recent changes made.
Now that you've finished the first few steps as a new user, next we'll walk you through best practice guidelines for getting the most out of Contacts+ for iOS.
1. Learn how to call, text, and email your contacts via swiping
- Swipe from left to right on a contact:
- A short swipe will show you the green phone call icon to immediately initiate a call (Make sure you have Settings >> Default Actions >> Phone numbers >> Call)
- A long swipe allows you to call or video via Facetime, call via Skype, send a message, or email.
- To email / message / tag / merge / delete multiple contacts:
- Tap the Edit button (upper-left corner) to select multiple contacts. Contact actions will be then displayed at the bottom of the screen.
2. Apply Updates & Review Duplicates under the Assistant section.
- Apply updates and duplicates where you see fit. If you ignore an update, it will not be added to your contact. You can also apply all suggested updates by pressing "Update All" in the upper right corner and mere duplicates by pressing "Merge all"
3. Search bar
- Use the search bar at the top of your contact list to search for contacts, email addresses, tags, and more.
4. Add a contact, capture a business card, and add a new sync source
- You can add a new business card, new contact or add sync source via the [+] icon in the upper right-hand corner.
5. Tags and sources
- Press on the Tag icon in the upper right-hand corner to see your existing tags. Click on a tag to view all contacts in it. Under the pencil icon, you can add new tags, edit the existing ones or remove tags.
- Tap on "Business cards" under smart tags to view the contacts that have been transcribed using business cards.
Become a power user:
Are you a power user yet? Almost! In the final portion of this Getting Started guide, we'll show you a few of our favorite tips and tricks.
1. View company information, social network links and share a contact
- Select the contact entry in order to view company information, select on one of the links to instantly open a person's social profile or connect with them on an instant messenger, and share a contact by pressing on the three dots in the upper right corner.
2. Integrate with Zapier
- Use our Zapier integration to send business cards to a variety of CRMs, email marketing platforms, and more. You can find helpful instructions here.
3. Referral program
- Interested in taking advantage of our referral program? Go to Settings >> Earn rewards >> Copy Link >> Invite friends!
Thanks for joining Contacts+! By the end of this guide, you should be able to leverage your Contacts+ address book to improve your contact management challenges.